Wunderite is a seed-stage insurance technology company building the next generation of software for insurance agencies across the United States. We are backed by Spark Capital (investor behind Oculus, Slack, Twitter, Wayfair), Boston Seed Capital, Techstars Boston, BrokerTech Ventures, and Dorm Room Fund. We recently raised our $3M Seed round and are building the early team. This is a rare opportunity to be one of the first 30 employees at a rapidly growing startup.
We are seeking a Senior Frontend Software Engineer (full-stack engineers also welcome to apply). This individual will be part of a growing engineering team to execute the product vision.
What You’ll Do:
- Write efficient, quality, tested code using industry best practices
- Work in tandem with our UX designer and Head of Product to interpret application requirements to construct UIs for various applications
- Contribute to code quality and maintainability by writing unit and integration tests
- Leverage modern architectural patterns and third-party libraries to deliver new features
- Provide high quality code reviews, enforce code styles and best practices, and ensure scalable architectural designs
- Contribute to technical roadmaps, design, and implementation within a team of high performing engineers
- Partner with engineering, product management, and design teams to develop and refine new features
- Coordinate with a fully remote team, working across time zones, cultures, and language barriers.
- We are built in Laravel, Vue, MySQL
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering, with considerable VueJS or React experience (Laravel is a plus!)
- Experience with TypeScript and Tailwind CSS (Tailwind UI is a plus)
- First hand experience with larger codebases (hundreds of components+) and how to best architect them to scale
- Mastery of frontend state management, including Vuex (Pinia or equivalent)
- Strong understanding of REST APIs
- Experience with CI/CD, Git workflows, and Agile principles
- Analytical, organized and high attention to detail
- Appreciation for clean and well documented code
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Math, Engineering preferred)
Wunderite is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other class protected by law.